We’re preparing kids to stand on equal footing with their peers. By providing a safe-haven, with caring mentors, and life enhancing programs, Club Kids thrive.
We create a refuge, a second home, and a safe space where young people have the freedom to focus on reaching their full potential.
History of Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo
Since 1926, Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo has been at the forefront of youth development, working with young people from disadvantaged economic, social and family circumstances. We have actively sought to enrich the lives of girls and boys whom other youth agencies failed to reach and we are dedicated to ensuring that our community’s disadvantaged youngsters have greater access to quality programs and services that will enhance their lives and shape their futures.
Today, Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo serves nearly 2,600 youth between the ages of 5-18. We are not only a place where youth can come and hang out after school, but a safe haven that allows them to develop into young adults with the necessary skills and sense of self to succeed outside of our buildings.
The Boys Club was established in 1926 by the Rotary Club of Buffalo, with the intent to create a youth agency that would provide after school programs and guidance to the juvenile delinquency problems of the year. The first Club is still residing at 282 Babcock Street and is the largest Club owned and operated by Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo. In 1986, the Board recognized the need to include girls and reincorporated as Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo.